Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Slump

I'm in a blogging slump. I remember a few years ago, I couldn't blog enough. Sometimes I would write several blogs/day, and have trouble not publishing them all at once. Now, I feel like I really have to sit down and think about something to say.

I really believe it's because the kids are older. I don't have to blog every single thing that happens, because we are kinda just living life. I know I could write about K's progress and experiences, but I almost feel bad acting excited about those things. I don't want my expectations to be so low that even the most mundane things bring tears to my eyes. I want to give her more credit than that. She's getting older and I want to treat her like I would any other 10 year old, and that means treating her, well, like any other 10 year old. One thing I do not do is infantilize my kids. Autism or not. Not even for a good blog post.

And, really, how many times can I blog about my worries over B's seizures before it gets tiresome? Plus, the stuff I really want to blog about (anything having to do with school), is off limits after the fiasco last year. It pains me not to be totally open and honest on the blog, but since Big Brother is watching, I don't have a choice (it is funny how I read other blogs where the authors are SO specific about their school situations, and nothing happens, and I can't even allude to it anonymously...but, I have to keep the peace.)

Sure, there are times we really struggle, but I don't feel comfortable getting into all the gory details. Don't mistake my writer's block for a boring life, it's just hard to pick and choose what to talk about these days. What my kids would want to read someday, since once it's out there, it's out there.

I hate to think I would ever stop blogging, since it's such an outlet for me. It's just hard when your kids reach a certain age to figure out where you are going, and what people are interested in hearing. Where your story ends, and your children's begins...the part that isn't yours to tell.

So, yeah, that's why I haven't been blogging a lot lately, although I have been trying to be more active on my Facebook page, so if you haven't liked that already, it might be a good idea to do that NOW.

I do think we have a lot of transitions and changes upcoming, so maybe I'll be awash in stories once again...for now, Facebook might just be the place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment